The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It is what it Is...............

Whether we like it or not, another Hurricane is coming. This is just nature, and we have no control over nature nor can we stop her. We can only hope that Hurricane Rita will not be as bad as hurricane Katrina. I certainly hope that there will be no human casualties, or families left homeless. But I can only hope. I have no control over the actions of a violent storm. BUT I do have control over what stocks I buy.

I would keep Chesapeake Energy (CHK) on radar. If you still haven't bought...geeeeez, what are you waiting for? Permission? Grab it will its down a little! Its up to 35.45 After Hours

Toreador Resources (TRGL) is also a nice oil play that has consolidated a little.

PetroQuest Energy (PQUE) is now in the 9 dollar range and looking like it may hit 12's soon. Its up to 9.97 After hours, because of Jim Cramer mentioning it.

UTS Energy (UTS.TO or UEYCF.PK) I told you this is one of my fav small oil companies! Grab it now under $5!!

Sterling Construction (STV) what a beast!! You could have made so much money on this stock alone if you knew how to play it! Watch as it tries to pass its 52wk high. With a storm brewing, it just might.

Columbus Mckinnon (CMCO) is still very strong and near its 52wk high. Its up to 23.75 AfterHours!!

JLG Industries (JLG) hit its 52wk high of 35.15 and then profit taking sent it down a little. Its still all good.

All the coal stocks with the exception of CNX (because of problems with a hoist at the Buchanan) and Fording Canadian Coal, did exceptionally well. BTU and MEE are on FIRE! CNX needs to work out is problems and get back in the game!

Those who were patient, could have bought GNSS, TRID, MRVL, and even GSL for a very cheap price!!! Remember, when I usually recommend a stock, I tell you, to keep an eye on it and see what it does. If it is down the next day, that's great, but don't rush out and buy, wait the next day and see if it is down again. If it is up, make sure it is showing some strength before you buy into it. If anything, stick to the Down Rule, because that at least will help you buy a stock cheaper through a little patience.

Confused about DCEL?! What the heck is going on? Dave?

Solexa (SLXA) is showing strength! I am telling you, this stock will surprise a lot of people!

XGEN is not surprising me. Well, at least not in a positive way.

AAPL is on Fire!! New 52wk high at 53.81!

ACR has finally moved!!! I can't believe it!! Just kidding, I can!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

hey Dave,

You are right, I do believe I overreacted with the DCEL, and yes, it has been up quite nicely. I definatly agree that the stock should stabalize and continue its upward trail. Definatly keep an eye on those energy stocks! I like CHK, ECA, UEYCF, FTO, AHC, VLO, CRZO, UPL and others! Just ask if you want my opinions on them! Also penny stocks ARE very risky, but there are some that I believe have a nice risk vs return. Stocks like MSEP which have some insider buying are a positive and have a good chance of being succesful! I also like EBDC (not exactly a penny) and AXO (cheap as well!) I wouldn't go to crazy with MSEP though, just put a little in if you want to play it! I put in a little as well. Anyways, Im off to work on some new stock topics and hw. I'll talk to you later Dave! Take Care!

-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz