The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

A couple of sick stocks that are gonna benefit from this Avian Bird Flu hysteria....

Hey folks!


If some of you listened to me since the begining, you would have already carved yourself a nice position in NVAX. If not, its still not too late! I have a couple of other bird flu plays that I would like to share with you all!

Novavax Inc (NVAX) 3 month chart


Here's our wonder stock! Now I realize why all these insiders bought!








-------------------------------------------------

Hemispherx Biopharma Inc (HEB) on the AMEX is another small bio-pharmaceutical company racing to develop an effective bird-flu vaccine! It is also looking great technically as well!


Hemispherx Biopharma Inc (HEB) 3 month chart














---------------------------------------------------

Nanoviricides Inc (NNVC.PK) is a small pink sheet bio-pharma company also developing a vaccine for the bird-flu. I like this one because it has the right momentum to shoot it up to $1.















-------------------------------------------------

Quidel Corp.(QDEL) is a hot stock as well! That is because QDEL make the testing kits that labs use to test for bird-flu virus and for the vaccines. That means that QDEL at 10.46 is a bargin. This stock is going to $25-30, and you can bet on it!

Quidel Corp (QDEL) 3 month chart













----------------------------------------------------

BioCrystPharmaceutical (BCRX) of course is an excellent bird flu and I feel a little bitter that I didn't see it earlier. This is because BCRX had caught my attention when it was no more than $6 a few months ago. Now it is at 16 and I missed out big time. I am still waiting for the inevitable pull back that mutual funds will use to load up. If not then I will buy a small position on minor pull back and I will add to the position if it dips lower. Don't buy more than 50-100 shares at these levels just incase it pulls back.















--------------------------------------------------

Sinovac Biotech ltd (SVA) an AMEX stock, is also hot!














-----------------------------------------------------

Roche Holdings (RHHBY.PK) is another hot potential to take advantage of the bird flu craze. They already have a vaccine out called Tamiflu and I am hearing that they can't even keep it on the shelves!













-------------------------------------------------
Also there are a slew of other bird flu plays as well, such as like GMED, SUWN, EMFP, GNBT

GNBT 3 month













SUWN 3 month chart













GMED 3 month chart













EMFP 3 month chart














Thats it for the Long side of things! I dont even care if there are any other ones out there that I have missed, thats enough stocks to play with (unless its really hot!)! These stocks are all at varying prices and should cater to all traders with various buying power. Now I want to concentrate on the short side of things!
----------------------------------------------

Stocks that you can SHORT to take advantage of the Bird-Flu scare............

My 3 top short candidates are:

Pilgrims Pride (PPC) For some reason, I can't post a chart!!! Believe me, PPC's earnings will be nothing to be proud about!

Anyway, chickens are birds and can contract the virus, so its a safe bet that if people stay away from chickens, companies that sell chicken products will suffer horrible sales and the stock price will go down. There you go! If this is your first time shorting stocks, these chicken stocks should be a great way to pop your cherry, lol.

GoldKist (GKIS) 3 month chart


You can kiss this one goodbye in a few months!










Tyson Foods (TSN)



This one is going down and out like the Mike real soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz