The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, December 23, 2005

One stock that will have you doing a tight rope act...

Hey ladies and gents,






I just wanted to point a stock that I believe is too goo to pass up. I gotta warn you, its a risky one. Adept Technology Inc (ADEP) is a volatile one, no question. So then why should we risk our cashish on this one? My opinion is, although ADEP looks risky, its really not.

Adept Technology Inc (ADEP - NASDAQ) 3 month chart: Current price $12.00

I know, the chart looks nuts and the volume is miniscule. Still I can't help the fact that this stock is cheap and under accumulation. It is low float, so be careful with it. This tight trading pattern, with the stock price slivering up the 50day MA is a characteristic move that I have found exhibited by previous big winners, like NIS, NTRI, NMGC, BCRX and many others. It is not far fetched to see this stock rocket itself up a few bucks in one trading session. My advice is, accumulate a couple hundred (more or less- up to you) shares. Of course with all my recommendations, keep your eyes open to any changes that can affect price value. Its one thing to break even, another thing to have a small loss and a realllly crappy thing to be down a thousand or more $$$. Good luck!

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey wassup Dave!

First off, Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Thanks for the props, lol. I try to do what I can do for my sake and anyone else who is interested in making some dough with stocks.
Hey have a great ski trip! I am going to be going skiing with the gf in January. It will be first time. Lol, have fun with it and let me know how it was, and dont get too bruised up, ok? lol.
Yeah I had a bad mishap with my car. I couldnt believe it. I had the car on to warm it up and I was about to leave to go to school and take a final, when all of a sudden some idiot plowed thru the yard, and into my car. Thanks for caring though. Everyone was fine, which is good. Cars are replacable, while human beings are not, so its good that everyone was safe. Alright, wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday as well. Take care Dave! And have fun!

-Nick

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Dave,

Thanks for checking out ADEP. Now it has the Big Dave seal of approval as well! lol, Im hoping it has a runup just like DCEL! We'll see after the holidays. Regardless, I think its worth a few shares. Speaking of DCEL, good point, DCEL is turning itself around and almost ready for the next leg up! Also SFP is close to bottoming..it has some support at 2. Yeah BCRX is a goody, for some time now. But when I first discovered it, it had a runup thanks to Cramer. When I finally saw that it took a dip and still held on to its 50day, I couldn't resist. I was gonna sell it by the end of the trading day, but I decided to hold on. I might sell it now on Tuesday, we'll see!
I took a quick look at PRGX, but not a good look. I will take another look at it and tell ya what I think. So far it looks good and can have a monstrous run. I will let ya know more of an opinion on PRGX later cause now Im in a rush to get everything ready for Xmas! Okay, Dave? Ill talk to ya later! Good find with PRGX!
Take Care!
-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz