The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Time for a little Catharsis...

If you are like me and a little dissapointed with your portfolios performance, despite the awesome day on the DOW and NAS, well then its time to for a little catharsis. Its time to let go of the losers and go with what works. This bull market is selective, not just on specific sectors, but specific stocks within the sectors, so just cause mining is hot, you may have gotten yourself into a stock that isn't moving in tandem with the rest of the sector. That means, time to dump and restructure. For instance, if you like children's clothing retailers and you've been stuck with a loser like CRI (Carters), you should change out of CRI and perhaps buy some PLCE and GYMB. Also don't rule out stocks just because the companies do not sound so appealing. I remember thinking about buying EZPW when it was no more than 15 a pop. I decided not to because pawn shops sounded ghetto and boring. Now I'm slapping myself in the face and watching how the stock has hit an all time high of $39.39! Yah! Talk about boring, right? Anyways, just gotta vent a little. I am also not pleased with BWEB's performance since recommending it. It it doesn't pick up by the end of the week, forget it then. I am already down 6% on it and not too happy. Still, I am happy with some other holdings such as SCHK, BWS, CTV and GGB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz