The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Chaos Ensues: Earnings Volatility, Profit Taking and the GDP report...

Add all of these factors up and you get a recipe for disaster! Hold on tight cause it's going to be a wild day!

Sold the rest of my ZONS position for a loss (should've sold it all at 13-14...damn).

On the bright side, most of my other holdings are either up or at least not tanking (including WEBX, so far). What I find really interesting in my futures portfolio is that my position in the Mexican Peso, Canadian dollar, Japanese Yen and Euro Futures serves as a great hedge when the U.S. Markets are down. So even though the U.S. Indices are down all around the board, the foreign currencies are helping to offset the days loss.

Update at 10:44 AM Markets are starting to bounce up off the day's low. Are Investors starting to get optimistic? It sure seems so! For now, we'll just have to play the waiting game.
I am also looking at the OPTM IPO and wondering if it will be worth a nibble...

So far, my best stock holding is RVBD with a near 70% return.

HMIN, ACHN, BARE, DRIV, TTEC, KSU, NYX, SAI, TV, OMTR and HXM are doing fine.

RVBD was doing fine until I touted it as my best stock holding, lol.

CBEY, CMG, TWLL, EVR, VOLC, VOCS, BKD are all recent IPOs that have done very well after debuting.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM , Blogger Singar Studio said...

What were you referring to? Which stock?

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

lol, oops I forgot to list it. I was referring to ZONS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz