The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Future Shock...

Hey folks,

If there is one thing that I love just as much as stocks, its futures. I am a super newbie when it comes to them, but I have been a fast learner. One of the pros of futures is the fact that there are fewer futures contracts available to trade and pick from than stocks. With stocks, there are literally thousands to choose from and that can sometimes make the selection process very difficult. One of the cons of futures is that you can lose a lot more than what you put into one (unlimited downside risk).

So what futures do I like??
I like all the U.S stock indice futures, including the U.S. Dollar Index. I currently own 1 U.S. Dollar Index future, 1 Nasdaq (Mini) Futures contracts, 1 DJIA (mini) contract, 1 S&P Mini contract.

As far as other Futures go, I am bullish on wheat, corn, soybeans and soy bean meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz