The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Picks for Week 10.23.06

Hey folks,

First off, I want to recommend a few IPOs that may have strong debutes.

I like HMIN, CADX, CPRX, DEI, ITR, LMAT

Here's two that I didn't get to immediatly recommend when they IPO'ed. Check out II and EXLS.

As far as stocks other than IPO's, there are dozens of those. Check out:

GCOM, ESPD, RC, CVGR, XOMA, HTI, HINT, TSTC, CYMI, LRCX, HRT, FTGX, RDYN, BULK, TDS, IHG, AVCA, YDNT, MCU, MDV, NEOP, CHTP, GTSI, SUNH, CVNS, DECC, EQ, KHDH, ASY, ECGI, BORL

Nice Breakouts: PSO, MHP (both are in the same industry)

There are more but I have to review them again. Later.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger Singar Studio said...

Have you ever bought a stock at its IPO price? Can we call the underlying company offering the stock to see if there is a way?

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

You mean like at the original price it is supposed to debut at (ex: APKT at 6.50-7.50)instead of the inflated price when it opens up (ex: APKT opening up at 14)? I personally have never been able to do so and that's because of the limitations of it. From what I remember reading, the only way to take advantage of an IPOs pre-opening price is if you actually work for the company and have stock in it (as a compensation), or if you are a top client for one of the lead underwriters (ex Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, etc). I think those are the two only ways. I could be wrong though! I am also curious myself if there is another way to get an IPO at a bargain. When I have a chance, I'll take a look and see if there are other options.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz