The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday....already?!

Hehe..thats how busy I've been. I swear, it feels like it was Monday just yesterday. I know that I posted that I would post some of my current holdings progress and some new stock ideas, but that will have to wait for tommorow (hopefully in the morning before the bell). I know I postponed it previously, but I need you to bear with me as this is a hectic time for me (Midterms this coming week). On the bright side, I have some interesting picks and suggestions tommorow. I'll see ya then!

Update at 11 am - Hey folks, I am back! Been a little busy with HW this morning so I couldn't provide any pre-market commentary or recommendations. But anyway, now I am here and I looking at the market and seeing how maybe it was better that I didn't recommend anything sooner. So whats actually up? Well, NYX (which I was recommending yesterday), has picked up and perked up right at the pivot point. A close at or near the HOD would be ideal. A close at 75 would be even better!

Some stocks that I have been eyeing are: KDE, LOGI, QSII, TSTC, ISIS, ESPD and NHWK. Those are just a few of them. Some stocks that aren't doing so well in my portfolio include: TAM, IIVI, and WEBX (just a sample).

Update: 3:07 pm - Watch for the institutional support of TAM at the 50 day MA and also pay attention to the pivot point on IGT. Also, DIVX is showing great strength and support at current levels. I am long TAM, IGT and DIVX

6 Comments:

At 6:39 AM , Blogger Singar Studio said...

I picked up some GooG before the close yesterday. Goog has now broken out of an ascending triangle. The target is above 500. It is still good time to get in.

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Nice Job! I have been thinking about it. I've played GOOG when I first started out trading and made a nice profit on it. It is enticing to jump back in. I will wait until next week and see how it behaves and then make my move. Goodluck with your position, Alice! If you have any other stock recommendations that you like, please feel free to post them!

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Looks like institutions loaded up on GOOG around 415. Also, is it just me, or does your chart show an intraday dip to 426 today??

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Singar Studio said...

I did notice 426 but my charts didn't show that to me on the chart whereas IB trader workstation showed that price?? I gues someone got lucky... anyhow, here are few more upcoming IPO's which ones do you like?

Company Name Initial Shares (M) Range
Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) 4.500 14.00-16.00
Asthmatx (AZMA) 5.000 11.00-13.00
Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX) 6.000 11.00-13.00
Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners (CPRX) 3.000 11.00-13.00
Douglas Emmett (DEI) 55.000 19.00-21.00
Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP (EROC) 12.500 19.00-21.00
GateHouse Media (GHS) 11.500 16.00-18.00
Home Inns & Hotels Management (HMIN) 7.900 10.00-12.00
ImaRxTherapeutics (IMRX) 5.000 10.00 - 12.00
InterMetro Communications (ITR) 2.200 7.00 - 8.00
Light Sciences Oncology (LSON) 5.250 14.00 - 16.00

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Singar Studio said...

I do like AMD at these level for short term.

 
At 3:11 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Alice,

Thanks for posting those IPOs. I've been so wrapped up in the recent ones (APKT, SAI, EHTH, RVBD, etc) that I didn't even realize some of these nice new ones coming up. I like HMIN, CADX, CPRX (low float), DEI, ITR (low float), LMAT and I am iffy on ACHN.

I also like a few other ones that just debuted as well. Check out II (low float)and EXLS (India outsourcing co.)

As far as AMD goes, it could double bottom at these levels, but looking at the chart, it could just continue falling and hit support at the $16/17 range. I'd be careful with this one as my charts are showing a huge decrease in the money flow. This does not bode well for the stock at all. I'd say don't waste your time on a laggard(is that how you spell it??)and instead focus on stocks that are performing well along with the markets. I know it seems attractive to catch a nice stock like AMD at its bottom, but we really don't know if this will truly be the bottom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz