The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Low Volume Selling Syndrome

Hey ladies and gents,

Are you ready for a looooong weekend?? I'm not. I start winter session classes on January 2, so I am not too thrilled. Ontop of that, the markets will be closed on the 2nd as well in observance of President G. Ford's passing. So get ready for a brief 3 day trading week. The last few days were rather sluggish and quiet, as most traders are still on vacation.

So what did well today?
How about them tire stocks? GTI and TWI (got a small pos.) did well today as they closed near their HOD. I am looking to buy a small piece of GT.


GT 3 month chart















GT 2 year weekly

Not bad!













TWI 3 month chart

A bit choppy, I know. Still, I will give this chart some more time to form. I may have jumped in a bit too early. We'll soon see.









TRCR - working on the handle of a 2yr base

TRCR 2yr weekly

Watch that handle...














HINT and EPHC- Continue to keep an eye on these two gems. I have a feeling that both will be big movers in 2007.

Epoch Holding Corp (EPHC - NASDAQ) HOD 9.99 Close 9.94

EPHC closed near the HOD on above average volume. The verdict? Bullish.












Hill International Inc (HINT - NASDAQ) HOD 7.15 Close 7.15


An exact HOD close on above average volume? Ya gotta love it.











HTZ - New stock, old name, hot performance...

Also take a look at SPR, USBE

Keep an eye on some of those shipping stocks: EXM, DRYS, DHT

Some more goodies: How about LCBM?

LCBM
Once it passes 18, its smooth sailing.













VTR, SMOD, ININ...

VTR















SMOD

Note: SMOD needs to pass above and hold above 13.50 to qualify as a good long. Keep an eye on it for now.














ININ

















Short Idea: RVBD...I made a very nice gain with this one but now it is starting to falter. A short term short in RVBD would be an ideal way to play this security. Nothing personal against RVBD, just business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz