The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Waiting Patiently...

To a trader, there is nothing more unnerving than waiting for a trend to develop. Lets face it, without a trend, a trader has no edge. Most of my trades are still doing fine. Most are down but the ones that I have continued to add to (IIN, CVGW, SYUT, etc) are still doing fine. On the flip side, my short market futures are performing quite well at the moment. Since I am a novice in respect to futures, I do not plan to add more unless the bearish action continues in the upcoming days and weeks. For now, I am sitting tight and keeping new buys very small. Now is not the time to be placing heavy positions. Small positions are fine in this environment. If they don't work out you don't lose your neck. If they do sway in your favor then you should add a little more to them. This is my strategy. You should do what works for you. In the end, the main objective is to preserve as much cash as possible so that you can use it to your advantage when a fresh uptrend begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz