The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Trade Journal for Friday

New Buys:

Added To:

Holds: VSCI

Sold for Profit: CHQ (+28.86%), IRBT (+4.5%), PTEC (+15.18%), VRUS (+8.88%)

Sold for Loss: SUSS (-2.83%), TITN (-2.22%)

New Shorts: DE (in at 83.00)

As much as I hated having to sell CHQ, PTEC and VRUS, I feel as if I had no choice. I had decent gains in all three of them and I did not feel like losing them. This has been a very difficult and confusing market to navigate. Until things cool down, I will be forced to take my profits much quicker. While this may not allow me to squeeze the most out of each trade, it will at least guarantee me a decent piece of the action. The time to load up and hold stocks to see if they bounce, is gone.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM , Blogger Chad said...

That was a great trade on CHQ! It started faultering after 4.80ish anyway.

Bringing 30% into realized gains is smart moves as of late ;) (or any time for that matter, actually.)

-Chad.

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Thanks Chad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz