The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Treading Lightly...

Since everyone and their mother is expecting the Fed to cut rates by half a point, I've decided to sit on the sidelines. Although I still have a few holdings (AUXL and IMAX are recent additions), I am not buying anything else until I see some strength in the market. The only good thing that I see is that the markets have retreated a bit due to some selling before the news. This shows that traders and investors are a bit cautious. This to me is positive. I would have been more concerned if the markets rallied right up to the decision. This would show too much optimism from the crowd. In my opinion, an absurdly high amount of optimism in the face of uncertainty is the perfect recipe for disaster.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Chad said...

I felt the same. Investors have been throwing running for the hills with even marginally good news, but not as good as expected. If fed only goes a quarter point, the masses are going to throw a hissy fit.

I'm just hoping for some over-sells.

Take care,
Chad.

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Today was interesting. Fed cuts rates by half a point yesterday and the markets sell off. Today, they end up over 200 points. The rate cut must have taken effect today or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz