The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

MVIS Recieving Alot of Love A Little Too Soon...

Lately, the shares of MVIS, a low-priced, NASDAQ-listed tech stock, have been on the up rise. That is because the company has recently announced plans to release a portable cell-phone cinema to consumers. This device will perform similiarly to a LCD projector which will allow the user to project video and images onto any surface (like a wall, for instance).

Once this news hit the wires, investors and traders fell in love and were quick to snatch up shares of the tiny MVIS in hopes of a major price appreciation in its stock. I'm particularly excited about the possible potential of such a device and I am starting to get that warm, fuzzy feeling towards MVIS as well. But (there is a but), at this point in time, I think there are more risks than rewards in this investment prospect. I plan to wait a bit for the stock price to fully create a bottom before I go long. Although I may lose a bit of a head start (from the others who picked it up off of its sub 2.00 bottom), I would feel more comfortable plowing more assets into it once the setup is ideal and akin to my trading style. If this product is successful, then I fully expect MVIS's earnings to explode to the upside and provide at least several quarters of increased growth. I will know if this stock (and company) is for real once it finishes working on its base and experiences a breakout. Until then, this is all random speculation and not something I would be comfortable trading in. For now, I will definitely keep an eye on MVIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz