The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Monday, November 21, 2005

BDSI, ACR, and QDEL continue to impress me...

On the other hand, SLXA has me scratching the back of my head, wondering "why?". I can only say this. A stock that runs up hard, can always run down hard. And thats exactly what is doing. I still think its okay. But I'm being a little cautious with it, just incase things turn really sour (never expect or assume that the worst is over, trust me!). Anyways, on the other hand, what do you guys think about OptionsXpress Holdings (OXPS)? A nice little gem, isn't it? Look at the volume today! Phenominal! Thats almost a 400% increase! You are looking at a $40 stock in the making! I also have a few other favorites. I also like MTXX (Cramer kinda beat me to it), QGLY, CLDN, PSTI, VTIV, MRGE, and a few others that I want to highlight! Gotta study for the exams though! I got one tomm morning, so duty's gotta call first!

Also check out ACR (wow, all time high), QDEL and PLXS (moving along nicely). BDSI is doing good so far. Oh and I want to maybe issue a warning on ACR! Not to scare you, but I have heard a rumor that a legal team has launced an investigative probe to see if that Bill Frist senator dude had insider info on his trade with ACR. Those who know what happened to HCA, know why I'm getting a little worried. I hate to say sell, but maybe a little profit taking wouldn't hurt! Its just that I would hate to see something like this destroy the terrific gains that we have been getting with ACR.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Dave,

Thanks! I'm hoping I'll do well also! Yeah I know, it would suck to ruin ACR right now, but there are people out there who want to do it. Short interest has increased by over 9% in the last week. I will keep my eye on it and issue a profit taking sell on it. Still I urge you or anyone else to ALWAYS take a profit! Not just on ACR, but ANY and ALL stocks! Believe me, things change in a matter of instants, and that +$500 or +$1000 can instantly turn to a negative. Everyone always thinks, "Gee, I'm up +500 dollars, let me wait till next week so I am up thousand. Thats what gets everyone (and even me!). Learning to take a profit is sometimes the most difficult thing. We always want to hold onto a stock, believing it will go higher. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. It makes a difference if you learn when to sell. That way you can almost always sell at the top and avoid losing your profit. I know Im going off on a rant right now, but I gotta stress it. Definatly, I agree with the NDAQ being the equivalent of owning the entire NASDAQ exchange in your portfolio. It sounds funny, but its true! And its great that we can actually have that power and option to do so. Anyway Dave, theres more work to do! Listen, enjoy your Thanksgiving vacation, and the beach and all that good stuff! If I don't talk to you, have a GREAT Thanksgiving! All I know is that Ima be doing some clubbing after my exams are done! Gotta enjoy the night before Thanksgiving, cause Ima be cooking, lol. Alright, Later Dave! Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz