The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Focus on Stocks with Strength


Hey guys and gals,

It seems as if the market is facing some upward resistance as most of yesterdays late gains have been spit back out of our portfolios. In turbulent times like these, I like to hunt for stocks that are showing abnormally high strength. The strength can be technical (chart wise), earnings or as a result in confidence of positive future price action (intense insider buying or stock buy back plans).

One stock that I want to bring to your attention is SCHK. Wait a sec, I have mentioned SCHK quite a few times before, even while it was low 20's and trading in the .BB market. I really do hope that at least someone else noticed this little gem that has released positive earnings results this morning. SCHK beat earnings estimates by 0.03 cents by posting an EPS of 0.33 vs. 0.30. So now, with the stock hovering close to $40 a share, can I recommend it as a buy? You betcha! The stock has already hit my 2nd target of $40 (its close enough), so I am extending it a new target for the next few weeks or months. My third target for SCHK is $50! Yup, you are looking at the new HOLX! As a matter of fact, not that many people are aware that SCHK even exists. I suspect that as time goes by and more institutions become aware of it, there will be more buying and maybe even another offering since it is thinly traded. Possible stock split as well? Who knows. All I know is, SCHK is a great stock to hold onto for the next few months.

Some other notables are:

CECE at 7.30

RBC at 37.14

PVH at 36.20

MLR at 23.25

RELV at 16.30

PLNR at 14

CMI at 98.20

CENX at 35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz