The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Replacing SCHK....

Hey folks,

As you may or not know, SCHK (Schick Technologies) took quite a beating the last few days. I was able to leave my position right before the carnage began. I didn't get to sell my entire position above 50, which is what I originally wanted to do, so instead I sold most in the 49/48 range. I think the sell signals on SCHK were pretty obvious as the chart broke its trend (violated its trend lines, etc) and thus, sent the RS to the dumps. Yesterdays bounce was useless as more dumping occured among the institutional investors. Anyways, it doesn't matter, because as you and I know, the name of the game is taking profits, selling and jumping into something else. Well, that something else, happens to be Daktronic Inc (DAKT). The stock is currently at 40.46 and is trading at a nice discount. I expect earnings to be surpassed, mostly on the strength of their increased sales due to the fact that construction firms have been heavily using their portable LED road signs (which happen to be solar-powered). Anyway, this is a good long term stock, so don't become very impatient with it.





















I will also recommend another favorite at the moment. I also like Ingersoll-Rand (IR). I do believe that this stock is way overdue for a nice breakout. It may be in the works, so just keep an eye on it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz