The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Traders Ready for NMX

As traders await the arrival of NMX, stocks open up sluggishly on negative housing construction.

I am going to be very busy from now until Thanksgiving, so do not expect a lot of postings or commentary from me. There is a ton of HW, projects, papers, and presentations to finish and ontop of that, I have to do food shopping and preparation for Turkey Day. All of this sounds daunting and it is, so just bear with me!


Update: at 10:04 Took a nibble of NMX at 136..... Damn, it actually already surpassed what I thought it would open up at!!!

Update: 11:27 Picked up some more earlier between 130-131. So far, I have a decent sized position. I wish I had sold my initial position of 136 at 150+, but I didn't and missed the opportunity to make a fast buck. Oh well.
I sold my AMAG position. I was in at 41 and sold at 54 (I regret not buying Options for this one!!). I also closed my CRM position at 42 yesterday. I was expecting a big earnings blowout, but instead, the stock was a dissapointment. I had a position between 36-38 (avg 37). I had also sold half of my RVBD position 2 days ago for a 100% + gain.

As far as losses are concerned, I usually don't have much losses to post only because I cut them loose very early. A stock can be down 4% and I will cut it out if the chart does not look optimal. So far, some of my losses include: UCTT -3.00%, LQDT -5.00%, BEZ -1.00%, ASR -2.00%, VDSI - 4.30%, AVCT - 1.30%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz