The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Post-Election Day Dump...

Hey folks,

I have to say, I was not impressed with the markets reaction to the Democrats win. I think it was pure horse sh!t, but what do I know? I do know this though: The market should snap back and continue to uptrend after it consolidates for a bit as the Dems get comfortable in their new black leather swivel chairs. Overall, my stock holdings finished positive thanks to RVBD, SAI, BARE, NYX, TTEC and SRSL. My futures account was obviously down due to the market drop.

As far as buying new stocks, I took it rather easy this week, adding only a few. SRSL, AMAG, and AVCT are among some of the new ones. Out of the three, SRSL has been performing the best, averaging in a 23% return for me so far. I have to say, the timing on it was impeccable. On the other hand, I am starting to dislike APKT even more now. The stock better start shaping up again, otherwise it is adios!

There are some new IPOS out (and coming out, but nothing really great). I do like KBW and THRM. I am really waiting for NMX (as is everyone else!). Oh and I also like CPRX as well. I will be picking some up tommorow. As far as other stocks are concerned, I like GMKT, ALXN, ACHN, and PEGA

Some other stocks that I like are: CBG, LVS, WMS, VMC, MTD, DLLR, TCK, RC, HXM, RPM, SXCI, SRVY, CALD

Some stocks that I do not like after today (didn't close at HOD, bearish flag, etc): CSCO, GROW, AXR, and FFIV.

Foreign Banks? Bring 'em on! I like: BCH, GGAL, BMA, HDB, IBN

Stock that I missed and now regret it: MWP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz