The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trying to Keep Up With the Market...

Forget the Jones's. Keeping up with the markets action is the real challenge. Between last week and this week, I had to let go of countless positions that have fallen down 7-8% from my original buy point. What really got to me was the fact that I could have sold most of them a few weeks ago for decent profits. Still despite this, I am happy that I took a chance and stuck with my short market futures position. The mini futures contracts are a great way to play changes in market direction but they are not for everyone as they are a risky trade for someone without experience in trading futures contracts.

Some of my current holdings: VII, MPWR, FARO, OMCL, CVGW, GNET, IIN, SHMR, SPNC, SYUT, SYNP, TOD, CVU, AMAC, DBTK, QEPC, SCLD, WRLS, TCN

Sold for Loss: SCUR, BLOG, BOOT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz