The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Major U.S. Market Indices Are Showing Support

This can lead to a small three month rally. Before you shrug that off as something minor, you should understand that a small rally like this can produce gains of 50% or more rather easily. There are many stocks that have been beaten down to a pulp. These stocks are now undervalued and can easily double or triple from their current price. In addition, there are several stocks that are showing impressive strength. I am talking about powerful stocks such as ADY, AIPC, MAXY, VITA and several others. These stocks are not even close to their 52wk lows. They are the new market leaders and they will more than likely outperform most of the other equities. I am also watching the VIX rather closely. A collapse below the 50/49 level would definitely seal the deal of sustainable rally in the upcoming weeks. If the VIX bounces from here, expect some more market drama with the DJIA heading back down to 8,000 or a bit lower. If the VIX does bounce, watch for any resistance at the 65 level. If it can't climb back above that point, it will be another buy point in the market.

I have been on a buying spree the last few days. I am adding only the top stocks with the top setups. Those that would like to emulate my strategy may do so, but at your own risk. Little blow ups like ASTM, FHC and STEM do occur. I am sorry that I am not a perfect trader. I do make a few mistakes once in a while. I am still holding onto ASTM and FHC. I believe both can be exited at a lower loss or a break even, so I am holding them for now. Fortunately, most of my other holdings are doing better and more than making up for the small mistakes.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger otterby said...

what is a perfect trader..who knows..but i do know that you are a great chartist..

 
At 11:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Otterby,

Eh, I'm okay. I know that I will improve my strategy and increase my skill over time. I'm in this for the long haul. All I know is that I love what I do. Trading and tracking the financial markets is my passion. I only wish I had more time to devote to this blog. There is so much more that I would love to share and teach to anyone who is interested. I feel as if 2008 was just a blur. I traded less and learned how to be more selective with my trades. I have also improved my strategy. I've learned which stocks I should chase and trade and which ones I should leave alone. I guess you can call it market survival. I've learned when one should sit/stay out of the market and when it is safe to jump back in. Before, I thought it was okay to trade constantly. I learned that lesson rather quickly.
So anyway, I can't wait until we get a real uptrend. Whether its a month, year or several years from now, I am patient and I will be ready for it.

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Chad said...

2008 was one big blur! It feels like just yesterday it was Dec '07 and people were wondering what was happening in the market...

We'll definitely be looking back on this year for a while though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz