The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

MCX makes the list...


Hey folks,


As it turns out, MC Shipping (MCX) has made it to the IBD 100 List. Thinking about it, the rumor of it being featured on the list is probably what helped the MCX break out of resistance in the $14 range. MCX has debuted at #58 on the list. It is also listed with a $16.35 Buy Point (B/P). This is music to my ears because I wouldn't mind picking up a few more shares below the buy point. I hope that my loyal readers were able to grab some shares at a huge discount (below 15). If so, hold on because you are in for one wild ride with this one. If you still haven't established a position, don't fret, as you still have plenty of time.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger TraderDave said...

maybe i am cursed, but I am yet to close out a position profitable with the IBD 100. They really should call it the IBD stocks to short because you are the last to know 100.

-Determined TraderDave

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey traderdave,

I also haven't had tremendous luck going long on the IBD picks! It is usually the stocks under $25 that are the most volatile. Some picks such as CRDN and CVCO have been great long term favs and not too volatile. It is true though, the IBD 100 list also serves as a great short tool, as most of the companies featured on their have had a great run up already! I like to stay current with the IBD and try to nab the new ones on the list! Unfortunatly with MCX, I wasn't so lucky! I think NOIZ will be a better contender! Also keep an eye pn CTV! Oh and check out SAH! SAH has a wonderful chart and its industry has been acting well lately (KEYS, ORLY, etc)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz