The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

End of the Month Slump

Hey guys,

As we enter the end of August, we have to stop and contemplate. We have to ask ourselves, where do we see ourselves going from here? Two scenarios may play out. Investors return from their vacations and start pouring their money back into the financial markets, or the market may not be ready for a come back and we trade sideways for the next few weeks or months. Although we have no power or say in this, it is a good thing to keep in mind given the erratic market conditions that we have experienced in the last few months. I myself, am "long and strong" as they say. With less than 20% of investors as bulls, it is easy to see that the overwhelming amount of bears could be signaling a short-lived bear cycle and confirmation that this "mini" rally may continue and become something bigger in the next few weeks and months ahead. Still, this market is lacking real leader and most importantly, volume. Without these key ingredients we are going nowhere. Still, nothing can shake my optimism. The last few weeks have been not been so bad. I have found plenty of short term winners, especially in the penny stock realm. Although I have always stated that I dislike pennies and OTC stocks, I still can't pass up a great opportunity when I see one, especially since the overall markets have been lacking in high-return opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz