The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Stocks Start 2007 out on an Indecisive Note...



Hey guys,

I know, I know, it sucks how we went from over 102 points to basically nothing. I was able to sneak in some glances of the market during my morning class and saw that we were up, only to come home and see everything deteriorate after the Fed Meeting. I guess housing concerns still wield enough power to rain on the bulls parade. It sucks, but that is how it is. On a brighter note, some stocks shrugged off this news and continued to perform well. GT comes to mind as one of the better (and few) top performing stocks of today. Tommorow I look to sell OPTM (the stock has been lagging considerably) as well as CANI (it recieved a buyout bid and a very lackluster one at that). Other stocks that I mentioned such as TX, TWI, EPHC and HINT are fine as long as they hold onto their support.

With the little time that I had today, I picked up some GAIN, GT (small pos), UOVEY, CPD, CDZI, ALC, LYTS, TX, HINT, EPHC.

Also my short on RVBD is working out well. I haven't actually initiated the short just yet, but I did recommend it as a short. Add to the short if it fails to hold the 50 day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz