The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

New Potentials and Hopefuls Part 2: The stocks your broker didn't tell you about- Volume 1

Hey folks!


Okay, okay so yeah I have a couple of stocks that I am really excited about! I didn't want to let them out so soon, but I might as well let you guys in on some real movers and shakers. Whenever I am not at school, working, doing homework, working out or with my gf I am hunting and I mean really hunting for hot stocks! I go all out! Sometimes I use a stock screener, sometimes I don't. I look for insider buys and I look for sound charts and stocks with good news. Preferably, I like the low key ones, but sometimes I feel like I find a good one and then the next day or week everyone knows about it ( i hate that!). It doesn't allow me to get in a nice position. So I gotta rush along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry that has just "discovered" the stock! This has happened on NVAX, AZMN and a couple of other ones.
Don't get me wrong, the other plays are fine too! The only ones I would consider selling or not buying are, LGF, TRMS, ONSC, and a couple others that are stinkers right now. The Flu bio-techs are still hot! I like those a lot!

Here we go......

NeoMagic Corp (NMGC) at 3.55 is a tiny semiconductor company that is perfect for a quick trade. It is attempting to break out of a huge base that it has holed itself into. Although I like NMGC, I can only recommend it as a trade and not an investment. Don't be afraid to take a profit either as this stock can quickly turn on you.

NeoMagic (NMGC) 3 month chart


If NMGC can bounce off the 50day MA, then it is in perfect position to attack $5. The last thing we need is NMGC trading sideways and then eventually crashing.







-----------------

Birch Mountain Resources (BMD) at 5.20, is one of my favorite Metal Ore companies (besides AMZN). As you know, mining is hot right now, especially with Gold, silver, diamond, and copper prices up recently. If a picture is really worth a thousand words, then BMD's chart does all the talking for it!

Birch Mountain Resources (BMD) 3 month chart

BMD's chart is sure looking good! As you can see, higher volume has been consistant, especially after the big burst of volume during the major breakout! Look at the volume before the breakout! A big improvment!






------------------
Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) is a hot NASDAQ stock trading at $13.46. SYKE is in the Commercial Services industry which is technically sound at the moment.

Sykes Enterprises (SYKE) 3 month chart


I really like SYKE's chart! This is a very healthy stock that I believe will eventually hit $20








---------------------------
Concur Technolgies (CNQR) is a stock that I have mentioned previously, but I will mention again! I really, really really like this stock! It is a stock that is very slept on! Don't sleep on it! grab some and forget about the shares for a while!

Concur Technologies (CNQR) 3 month chart


CNQR is in my opinion, one of the most consistant and greatest performing stock for 2005. I really like CNQR!








-----------------------------------------
Capital Source Inc (CSE) is in the business of giving you money! Only problem is, you have to enventually give it back or end up with some major legal issues! So instead of taking out a loan with them, buy their stock (like all the other company insiders did) and wait a few month, cash in the stock and voila! You got a free loan!

Capital Source Inc (CSE)


The good news is, the stock has just begun to breakout. The bad news is, your chances of buying it cheap will not last long! Especially once the institutions start buying!






----------------------
Pressure Biosciences Inc (PBIO) is an interesting small company trading at $5.65! It is in the Medical Products industry. PBIO develops products that utilize its Pressure Cycle Technology that allows control of biomolecular interactions. In English, it develops enzymes that pharmaceutical companies utilize in their drugs (pills, longes, etc). These enzymes react to different variable, such as temperature, acidity, pressure in the body and perform a specific task. For example, it can develop a special enzyme that provides a protective coating over a pill of asprin so that it slowly dissolves in your stomach acid or a pill that can resist a stomach acid. Anyways, enough of that...














--------------------
MIRKQ
















Yukos Corp ADR (YUKOY.PK) is a small international Oil and gas company. It is a risky stock, but as the chart suggests, the company has started on a new uptrend. Whether or not it can sustain it is another story. Let the stock fall closer to the 50 Day MA. This should give us a better view of the stocks situation before we even consider buying.

Yukos Corp Spons ADR (YUKOY.PK) 3 month chart












--------------------------------------------------

SYS (SYS) is a mysterious, small computer tech service company trading at $5 on the AMEX. I am not very crazy about the industry that it is in, but still the chart looks promosing and the stock has been rising on above average volume! It may be a buy...we'll keep an eye on it!
-----------------------------
Adstar Inc (ADST) is a stock that I have already mentioned! It is trading at $3.19 and it is in excellent shape! I really think this stock should be trading at least $4-5! The concept to ADST is simple as well. It is basically a company that provides a web based market place for people to buy ads.













------------------------------
Home Solutions (HOM) is another hot stock that is just ripping the market apart, a little at a time! The stock is currently trading at $5.48. I believe its a good buy here.













------------------------------
SkyWest Inc (SKYW) is the only airline transportation stock that I am going to recommend. I honestly hate that industry and the stocks that go along with it. Still, SKYW is an awesome stock and for that reason, it is a buy. In my opinion, it is the best performing airline stock!













-----------------------------------------------
HealthExtras (HLEX) is another hot company that has just recently broke out into a new bullish trend! Buy some and hold for a few months!





Quidel Corp (QDEL) I dont know how many times I have to mention it to get everyones attention! This one is going to be big! Don't be the last one on when an analyst or Cramer recommends it! Get in now before the hype starts!



* Due to technical difficulties last night, I was unable to finish posting the last of the stocks. I will try to finish posting them today!







1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM , Blogger Nick M. said...

You know what, I was wondering the same thing! I am new to this whole blog thing and I am not sure if it has an RSS feed! I know that an RSS feed is a good thing, but I am not sure how I install one on the site. If you know, let me know, lol. By the way thanks for checking out my site! Im glad you enjoyed it! By the way, nice site as well! Maybe I'll take a few pointers with the kissing. Nah, I am actually not that bad of a kisser though! Still, interesting blog you have there!

Keep it up as well!
-Nick

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz