The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday Profit-Taking

Hey folks,

You really can't blame 'em. A lot of investors and traders are ringing the register after a string of profitable months. With Christmas shopping opening up in full swing, who can blame them? Everyone needs money and for those who primarily depend on the market for extra cash spending, selling some ones portfolio seems like the logical thing to do. Do I endorse it? It depends if you need to raise up the cash. Personally, I haven't found much to buy today so I decided to put some necessary sells through. What do I consider necessary? Any stock that has failed the 10 and 20 day MA is a nice necessary sell. If a stock is not breaking up or setting up nicely for a breakout, then it is worthless. Take CROX for instance. I sold everything in that today as the stock is ready to fail its 20 day MA. I don't need a has been like CROX in my portfolio. I like the stock a few days ago since it showed support, but all that support is gone and the situation has changed and therefore so has my mind.

So what do I like? I like RVBD, NYX, HMIN, GSL, OEH, KALU, INAP, IFF, GMKT, ATNI, JCG (recieving lots of love)

I also like APKT (again, but I will only rebuy if it passes its previous high), LNOP (if it closes at 16) and CVLT (has to clear 20)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz