The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Next Moverz and Shakerz


Hey folks,


Besides doing home work over my Thanksgiving break, I have also been doing lots of market and stock research. One thing that I did mention with many of my charts is that there are a ton of stocks shaping up nice cup with handle bases. If this is correct and the market continues to hold up well, any slightly positive news can lead to powerful breakouts in many stocks. What I will present to you is just a small sample of some of the stocks that I have found to be ready (or close being ready for a breakout).

NSTC

All NSTC has to do is hold onto that high 15 - low 16 support level. This area is the handle of its base. This level also serves as a resistance level (check the 2yr chart).



HINT - Small Construction Company with growing revenues. I like HINT because of their great 3rd quarter results as well as the fact that they have a wonderful cup with high handle chart pattern.

TAG - This is a great little (boring stock) that seems to have bottomed out. It is slowly starting to work at the foot of the right side of its base. Insiders have loaded up on it and hold quite a stake in it. I think this stock is a great buy just on speculation alone ( it can be a takeover target). This is one to buy and hold for a while. I have played this one a few months ago and plan on playing it again.

MRY - This stock is another old favorite that looks good enough to buy once more. I believe it has bottomed and makes a great buy at the current level. This one is good to hold for a longer time frame.

RKT - Rock-Tenn Co is a paper products company with a wonderful chart that promises even more higher moves in the near-term future. I've been watching this RKT and even owned some in my 'folio a few months ago, but alas, I got rid of it way too soon and missed the nice breakout. Still, I think it makes a good trade at the current level as this stock is not very well known by many people as of yet.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nick

Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving break.

Are you still holding NMX? I think it is a better short now than long?

Tushar

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Nick M. said...

Hey Tushar

Yes it was a nice Thanksgiving and I enjoyed it, thank you. How was yours? As far as NMX goes, I have dumped the last of my shares. It was a mistake to have held onto the shares. I should've sold them all on day one. I have been so busy with school that I seemed to have missed the crazy trading action during the last couple of days (although my portfolio took quite a hit and definitely noticed it). Hopefully the market stabalizes holds onto support!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz