The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Book Recommendation- The Office Survival Guide

Hey folks,

I really have never been quite the book reader, but as I advance through my academic career, I have developed a greater propensity to tolerate and actually enjoy reading the occasional good (i.e. interesting) book. The book that I am recommending as a good and educational read is The Office Survival Guide- Surefire Techniques for Dealing with Challenging People and Situations by Dr. Marilyn Puder-York. The book examines various scenarios (such as dealing with supercompetitive peers, and managing different changes in the workplace-such as new management, etc), that can occur in the workplace. In addition, Dr. York also offers practical solutions to these various scenarios as well. I definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in improving their work situation, or any other environment in which you have to work with difficult people. I enjoyed it since it fits right into my alley- Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

Marilyn Puder-York is a clinical psychologist who specializes in organizational management and consultation for businesses and organizations. Her area of interest is improving the working environment and mental health of corporate employees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz