The Ambitious Trader: Stocks, Trading, Investing..My Ambitions as a Trader and Investor

This is a one way ticket that takes you on a wonderful journey into the vast world that is the stock market through my eyes, my point of view.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ideas for the Upcoming Week...

Hey folks,

The last few days have been rather indecisive for the markets. On top of that, my stock screens are not producing that many exciting longs. Most of the new longs that I have found are industrial (tires), health care (ex. nursing home REITS) and utilities (water co's.)

As far as the industrials are concerned, I a have already mentioned GT and TWI as good stocks. I own a little bit of both of them. As far as health care is concerned, SNH and HCP comes to mind. With utilities I like SJW. There are a couple of other stocks that have caught my eye but it is too soon to mention them (they can't qualify as longs just yet). I would also keep an eye on NYX. I know I've mentioned this before, but this is a stock that can be played long or short if you are skilled and nimble. It can be classified as a short if: It fails the 50day MA and closes at the LOD on high volume, has resistance at 104/105, or if it can't go over 112 and stalls at that level. It is still technically a good long even at this level as long as it can hold the current level and continue to uptrend. I would add now and even add again only if it can clear the past 52wk high.

I would also keep an eye on ZNH, CEA, AGL, BTRX, ISPH, TX, ALC, ALGT, BARE, HMIN, HINT, EPHC, DRA, SVM, NHWK, LCBM, INMD and AWI. These are all hanging in there and doing just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz